There continues to be a lot of buzz around PMOs. Organizations want to know, do they work? are they worth the time investment? And perhaps most importantly, will they truly help achieve the business outcomes we are looking for?
PMO topics continue to be one of the most sought after pieces of information provided at IMPACT by Laura. Here are the top 5 all time posts, together these have been viewed and referenced over 5,000 times.
- What is a PMO and do I need one? This article dives deep into the benefits of a PMO, including the areas that a PMO can support. Most importantly you will learn the important questions to ask to determine if you need a PMO and how to determine what your PMO will look like. Dive in on the blog here or join the conversation on LinkedIn here.
- 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Outsource Your PMO Once you have determined that a PMO is what your business needs, often the next step is to roll right into attempting to outsource it. This isn’t always necessary, but when you find it is, there is some information you need to know. Learn what to consider before outsourcing and how to make sure you outsource your PMO properly on the blog here or join the conversation on LinkedIn here.
- Whatever you do, don’t call it a PMO Sometimes, because of the “bad rep” PMOs have acquired over the years, calling your PMO by it’s name may give it an unfair bias because of the number of PMOs that are simply failing to create a big IMPACT. Learn how to drive IMPACT and let your PMO speak for itself regardless of its name on the blog here or join the conversation on LinkedIn here.
- What is a business driven PMO? Buzz word anyone? There are tons of buzz words and phrases surrounding the success or intent of success for a PMO. In this article, we address exactly what it means to really be business driven. It’s likely more simple than you think. Learn what pain points you need to solve to truly be a business driven PMO on the blog here or join the conversation on LinkedIn here.
- PMO Building Block 6: Alignment with What Matters As part of a 6-part mini-series on the Building Blocks of PMO, the final installment has been the most popular. In this article, you will learn how to focus on the people so that you can have a team of change leaders that fits the various types of business changes you will need to manage. Read it on the blog here or join the conversation on LinkedIn here.
The PMO is a constantly evolving organization. You will learn new things every day about the organization, the people, the culture, and what it takes to be successful in meeting the stakeholder needs. Be aware, ask questions, keep learning, and make sure your PMO remains agile so that you can respond as the needs shift.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article.
Click here to receive these blog posts right to your inbox.
Fill out our one-minute survey if you have topics you would like read more about.
I welcome your feedback and insights. Please leave a comment below.
See you online!